- Ugly neck bandaids came off and my stitches were removed
- X-rays looked great - my jaw and chin are both now straight
During the visit, my doctor told me that he ended up moving my chin forward 5 mm and that it should look smaller after the swelling goes down. My chin is currently the one area on my face that is numb although it is starting to tingle a bit as feeling comes back.
Following my last blog post, I had some questions on how to reduce swelling following surgery. Below is what I did:
1) Sleep upright: I have a wedge pillow that I sleep on that keeps my head elevated for the night
2) Ice: I kept ice on my face continually during the first 24 hours
3) Ibuprofen: I take 600 milligrams two times per day
4) Arnica creme & tablets: I use this 4-5 times per day at the recommendation of my doctor
5) Walk: I get out for walks every day
6) Hydration: Drink plenty - water helps the lymphatic system
I will post pictures tomorrow including some profile shots.