Wednesday, June 30, 2010

15 turns of the key and taking care of myself!


I didn't realize how tough it would be being back at work this week. Things went well on Monday, but by yesterday at 4:30 PM I was not well. I went home and rested, but couldn't sleep at night. My jaw was aching and woke me up at 4:00 AM this morning. I thought turning the key 2x's a day would be no problem, but it still is a bit tough on the system. I came into work today because we had a recognition luncheon honoring all those that contributed to a $60m deal that we recently closed. Our admin was kind enough to organize a meal for me at the restaurant that was all pureed. The meal was actually really good and the chef even came out to see what I thought! In the middle of the luncheon, my nose started running constantly. I'm not supposed to blow my nose for 10 days after surgery, but I had to today. Considering we're at day 9, I figured it wasn't the end of the world.

At work, I've felt like I am wearing a mask. I am covering up the gap with wax and all my bruises with make-up. Even after 9+ days I still have a bunch of bruising on either side of my chin. Although I felt like I need to portay an image of being OK, I decided that it's alright to take care of myself. I am taking off Thursday and Friday to recover further. I already have a sore throat and I'm concerned if I don't rest, it'll just get worse. I think I will feel much better once I am back on solid foods come Monday. Here's hoping that I don't have to keep expanding past 24 turns! I think my jaw (and my body) need a rest.

Attached is a pic showing 15 turns of the key.

1 comment:

  1. You look great! I am right behind you in the process - Taylor's SARPE Experience!

    ReplyDelete