Tuesday, September 21, 2010

3 weeks of braces!


Day 1 braces------------------------------------------------Day 21

It's hard to believe it's been three weeks since I got my braces. It honestly feels like I've been wearing them much longer! I continue to watch my gap like a hawk and it is now down to 2.38 mm - half the size from where I was on brace day. At this rate, it looks like the front gap will be closed by my next adjustment on 10/12. Although the gaps bother me, I am used to them. At this point, I would be most grateful to get rid of my lisp! With the gaps in my teeth it's difficult to get out "s" sounds.

Having braces overall hasn't been too bad. Most people have been cool about it - either they don't say anything or they ask about it in a nice way. I ran into a coworker I hadn't seen in a number of weeks and he asked me, "What's new?" I said, "Oh, nothing." And he said, "No, not nothing. You've got braces. That's something." I suppose it is something, but it's not something I want to highlight in an update.

Today, I was at the climbing gym and I saw a group of teenagers and two of them had braces. I had to restrain myself from joining them. :) It's always nice to see others in the club.

1 comment: