Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Weeks 12 & 13


30 days-----------------------60 days-------------------------90 days
Braces timeline



Left side



Right side


It's been almost a month since I posted pictures so I wanted to get a whole bunch up today. As you can see, the gaps between my front teeth and the lateral incisors are almost closed. Yay! I have gotten over any self-consciousness I had over my teeth and now no longer use wax to hide the gaps. I officially went wax free around 11/20. It just got to the point where I didn't want to deal with it anymore and the gaps to me seem not that bad. Plus, I've had about three incidents already where I swallowed the wax. Yuk, right? So far now, the baby gaps still need to close and then maybe this front one will start closing again. In other positive developments this week I started eating sandwiches again. It seems like the front teeth are a lot more sturdy now and it's easier to bite through things.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am going through the same exact thing right now and beginning to get a pretty big gap. How did you keep the wax in between your two front teeth? I tried it once and it wouldn't stick. Any other ideas for me if that doesn't work? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christopher! I would use two - three strands of wax and then rub it between my hands until it be came pliable. I would place enough wax between my teeth to cover that gap and then press it between my thumbs and forefingers. I would use my thumbs to secure the wax against my incisors as well as my expander. As my gap got towards 11mm, I had almost a whole retainer of wax. It covered the roof of my mouth up until the expander.

    ReplyDelete