Wednesday, October 27, 2010

8 weeks of braces


Week 0----------------------Week 5---------------------Week 8




Front view



Left side




Right side

Overall, the gaps have diminished quite a bit and I have become less self-conscious of my teeth. My smile is starting to seem more normal and I now feel like I look more Lauren Hutton and less hillbilly. :) I can feel that my teeth are moving - particularly at night. They are especially tingly between the front two teeth although there hasn't been any further reduction in my front teeth gap since the wire powerchains came off.

Eating has improved, but I still can't bite anything off with my front teeth. They are far too sensitive! Sandwiches are either ripped apart or approached with a knife and fork.

Fortunately, there are a lot of great products out there to make caring for braces a a snap. Below is my dream team:
  • Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser -even has an attachment for braces! 10 speeds that won't let you down.

  • Crest Glide Threader Floss - accept no imitations! This is the easiest floss to use and won't fall apart.

  • Dentakit Brace Survival Kit - perfect for keeping teeth clean on the go.

  • Ortho pro orthodontic toothbrush - makes cleaning teeth super easy! You have to get it on Dentakit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment